After 3 full weeks of our family being sick (started with Selah's weird eye infection, then Jude got a cold and eye infection, then Selah and Benj got colds and Ben got an eye infection, then Josh got sick, and I seriously thought I was going to avoid it all and it got me at the very end and I lost my voice too, boo!) we were all FINALLY well by Easter! I was so thankful! We were all excited to make it to church again, and it was a wonderful service.
This Easter season I've been in love with this song mix of "In Christ Alone" & "On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand":
After church we went down to my mom's. The kids were really looking forward to the egg hunt and talked about it on the drive down. My mom and Wayne had a surprise birthday present for the kids first before the egg hunt. I had no idea what it was, and my younger brother Caleb asked if it could be a pet and I said, "no way", then Josh joked that maybe it was a horse. :) But I was thinking it must be some sort of big toy. Then we all went out by the garage and when the door opened out walked a pony! Jude and Selah were SO surprised! We all were!




Her name is Ruby Jewel, and the kids first fed her a carrot and said hello. Then my mom ran her out in a little pasture for a minute before putting kids on her. Selah loved watching her.

Ruby kept wanting to eat, so my mom made her walk on the gravel with the kids to keep her from being preoccupied with grazing. The kids loved riding her.

Benjamin was not as excited as the big kids to ride her. :) He's happier with two feet on the ground.

I LOVED horses as a little girl. We had horses growing up and I loved riding them in the field by our house. I was fearless on the them, sliding down their heads to dismount and riding bareback. But when I was about 13 I went to Sunriver with a friend and we did a trail ride and I got some crazy horse that took off with me and jumped a fallen tree and it seriously freaked me out. I no longer trusted horses. :( And as an adult I'm positive they smell my fear! :) My mom got me on one of her horses last summer in the ring and I did great one her, but I'm not sure she could get me out in a field yet. Anyway, I really took to little Ruby and I think she's the sweetest thing. And I love that she's little. I think we're going to be friends! :) Thank you Mom & Wayne for such a special gift!

After meeting Ruby we did the Easter egg hunt. I had to post this quick shot (left) from earlier that morning. The kids woke up to little eggs that led from their bedrooms to their baskets, and in Selah's basket we put this necklace & bracelet that she had noticed twice at the store and had asked for. She was pretty excited about it. :)





I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!
xo, Bethany
3 comments:
Hi Bethany, we have a lot of mutal friends & I have been a long admirer of your photograph-i mean your art that leaves me in awe.
That pony is my four year old daughters dream.
What an awesome gift! Great photos..you have such a beautiful family!
The Pony caper turned out to be ALL I had hoped it would be ! Loved your sweet blog . Papa and I are so happy and so blessed to be able to bring such joy to ALL our kiddos. We will have countless hours of "round and round". I also want to jot here so as not to forget ... on Selah's first ride she couldnt stop giggling. On Jude's first ride he said the whole time "weee weeee weeee, this is awesome". I also learned that day how Ruby Jewel got her name .... she's a true GEM !!!!
And let gramma know if someone needs a "dream come true pony ride", Jude and Selah's pony can get that done ! Yes our Easter Sunday and Birthday Surprise was a day to remember :o)
Post a Comment