We kicked off the New Year with the Pontius family in Portland. We ordered in Hawaiian food, the kids had fun being together and we adults had fun talking and watching some old videos.
I don't know why Josh isn't in this pic?
Josh's dad sent us a photo he took on the river by their house in January, while he was fishing. Isn't it beautiful? It looks like a painting.
We got a lot of rain that filled our back creek. The kids had fun playing in the water.
Ben worked on some of his Christmas gifts. He loves building things.
We got to celebrate Cornelius Christmas in January, and this photo may have been from one of our lunches around that time, too.
Gift exchange!
Sheri and her boys came to visit and we had a great time celebrating Isaac's birthday. Love this bunch!
We got a little snow and the kids loved making use of it for a couple days!
The kids will sometimes come to the window to show me their chickens. ;)
This boy ordered a green screen with his birthday money and bought an app so he could make videos of himself walking through Minecraft worlds, etc.
This girl LOVES her Westley!
So much so that she'll do her math work with him, in his bed/crate. ;)
We always love time with Matt & Gina!
Cutie cousins.
In February the camellias began to bloom! Oh happy day!! I love this view of our backyard
We spent a fun afternoon with friends.
First week of February we closed on the house we will be moving to after we sell this home! We're pretty excited about it. More info to come later.
We celebrated my mom's birthday at Caleb's house!
We played Decrypto. I Love that game!
We also celebrated Nora's 6th birthday in February! Gina and Matt threw her a great dance party that was so much fun.
For Valentine's Day we wrote the kids love notes, telling them all the great qualities we see in them. And bought them chocolates too. :)
Making fun movies with friends...
Another "date" to Home Depot ;) as we wrap up projects before we sell this home.
Josh installed new cabinets in the laundry room.
This teenager got braces!! Selah gets hers in a few weeks.
Josh and I flew to St. Louis for a conference with our church. Poor Josh got pretty sick on the trip and I ended up catching it a couple days after him.
We got one day of snow there. I took this pic for the kids because the light pole made me think of Narnia.
We went on a Friday night family date night for sushi. YUM! Ben loves any excuse to wear a sports coat. :)
I love this guy!
A brief park visit while the sun was out... gotta get it while you can!
I got my hair professionally colored for the first time, and I'm so happy that she fixed the home color mess I made. ;)
Josh keeps me well stocked with tulips in these winter months, when I long for sunshine and warmer weather. He is so good to me!! xo
We tried to get outdoors on the weekends that there was some sunshine in Jan/Feb. We walked Bald Hill several times, and when we came to the old barn we tried to recreate this old photo from memory. :)
Boy our kids have grown!
More pics from that winter walk...
Another day the kids and I invited my mom to join us for a walk. It ended up raining as we walked back to the car, but we didn't mind one bit. It was a nice day.
Another day, another walk. ;)
I'm SO happy about the time change and longer days we now get to enjoy. And the warmer weather! Thank you Lord for March! ;)
I hope you're having a great one.


















































1 comment:
Wait - you're moving?? I can't wait to hear details!
I thought your hair looked warmer - so pretty!
So glad you guys are finding times and ways to get out when the sun is shining. <3
Post a Comment