Mother's Day is this coming weekend and Josh asked me what I'd like to do to celebrate on Saturday, and I requested to rebuild our raised beds in the garden (and rebuilding the fence will be phase #2). But because it's suppose to be 85 degrees this weekend I'm thinking we might wilt out there... heading to the beach might be more fun!
Here's a picture of my garden from a distance, with the orchard behind it. It looks kind of wild out there at the moment. But won't it be cute with a new fence and new beds, all cleaned up? :)
Remember all of my tiny lettuce and kale? They've grown!
And our snap peas are taking off... they should help to shade my red lettuce as the weather heats up.
My cucumbers, green beans, butternut squash, zinnias, tomatoes, raspberries, blueberries, thorn-less blackberries, onions, beets, zucchini, pumpkins, and herbs are all doing great! I'm going to have a very full garden this year.
I planted herbs next to our front door, which I'm finding that I love. Unfortunately, our chickens loved my basil too.
My peony plant, which makes me think of my wedding bouquet, is blooming near our front door too.
One day, while the big kids were doing their state testing, Ben and I shopped for plants. We chose these paper-like poppies, which I maybe love more than is reasonable.
Many of our roses are in bloom. The white ones smell just like some purple ones that grow at the farm. I call them PEZ roses, because they smell like PEZ candy. ;)
I don't know what it is about the site of this that makes my heart go pitter-pat, but it does. :) I love seeing a plant sprout!
I often wonder what makes some of us animal people, or sports people, or hiking people... or garden people? But I've discovered that I really like plants. I joked with our neighbor that sometimes my garden is the first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning and she said there may be a master gardener hiding inside me. I told her that my Granddad was a mater gardener, but I never thought of myself becoming one. I do refer to my roses as PEZ roses after all... that's probably not the correct Latin name. But I do love to wander my garden beds, and water my little plants while I listen to the birds sing. I tell people that I'm just out there saying nice things to my plants. ;)
I especially love how nature all works in perfect rhythm for our nourishment and provision. From the heavenlies (sun, moon, stars), to the seas, rivers and creeks, to the earth and all it's blooms. It's incredible and makes me think of a loving God designing it all. I think that's why I love to have my hands in the dirt, because when I'm in total awe of Him I'm the most content and the most overwhelmed with gratitude and joy. The world He made for us puts a big smile on my face and I can't help but see Him everywhere!













1 comment:
Your Granddad would be so proud... it's in your blood for sure, B! ♥ I'm pretty sure you feel about your garden/plants how I feel about crafting and yarn. :D
Post a Comment