Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Our Annual Trip to Odell Lake!

Look at this handsome guy!! He's my favorite person to adventure with.


We had a great time spending two days and one night at Odell Lake! One night is about our limit as far as camping goes (or maybe I should be honest and say my limit ;) ), but we really love it while we're there! Josh's parents had camp all set up when we arrived. We had fun walking around the lake, sitting by the fire, and enjoying their company that evening. 
(My pictures are all out of order, but I'm just going with it.)
The next morning we met up with Josh and Mike to fish the lake. (They had gotten up around 4:30am to fish for several hours before they took us out to fish.)
I love being out on that beautiful lake! It's so peaceful and the air is always so fresh and crisp. The guys are always so kind to get our fishing poles all set up, and the kids are bubbling with excitement over the possibility of reeling in a kokanee. :)
Fish on!
I had fun being with the kids out in this shallow water area. Grandpa Mike's dog, and their friend's dog kept shaking the water off of themselves only when they were standing by me! It was comical! I think they sensed that they'd get a big reaction out of me. :)
This cracked me up: the kids were digging up plants and replanting them in "better spots." :) I loved their creativity!
Marshmallow roasting is always a must.
I love this cell phone pic. Sweet friends, when they aren't arguing like siblings. ;)
Ok, so this is Ben's personality all wrapped up in a photo. Haha!
That evening the sunset was so beautiful!
The kids loved seeing all of the ducklings.
Flashlight tent reading always makes for my favorite photos to snap. :)
Thank you Grandma Chris and Grandpa Mike for the Odell Lake memories! xo

No comments: