Sunday, December 18, 2016

Snow Days!

The last time it snowed here was three years ago, so our kids were soooo thrilled and very thankful when it recently snowed! :) They had been praying for snow! And I love how calm and peaceful everything is... and how much time the kids spend playing outside when it snows. It's fun to see their creativity at play.
I love laughing with this guy! xoxo
Josh and I walked down to the forest to clip some holly branches because I wanted to make a wreath for the front door. I didn't realize until this year just how easy wreaths are to make. If you have boxwood growing near your home, it's super easy to worth with. Just buy a wire wreath base at a craft store, or even the dollar store, and buy some thin hemp twine, and all you have to do is lay your cut branches around the frame and wrap your twine around to secure it. I hide the twine in the branches as I'm wrapping it tightly. And the nice cold air keeps your wreath looking fresh.
This morning as we loaded the car for church I was bemoaning the fact that we were going to be late. I really dislike being late. :( But Josh was so calm and collected and had even taken the time to make me a tea before we left, and I couldn't figure out why he wasn't hurrying, like I was? As we pulled out of the driveway he looked over and smiled at me and said, "Church doesn't start for half an hour. We're going to be early." I keep so many morning times/days in my head for therapy and school and church, that I had totally mixed up times this morning. Then I asked him if he had known all morning long that I was off on my timing and if he purposely kept quiet about it, and he said yes!! Haha!! It totally cracked me up! My dread for being late instantly turned to joy for being early. I love that guy.

Plus the best part of all was singing worshipful Christmas songs to my Savior, with the body of believers this morning. My soul had been craving just that. Oh come let us adore Him, Christ the Lord! 
The kindergarten - third graders sang three songs at the end of worship. It was cute to watch Selah and Ben up there. Selah said she LOVED it!
Nora is here visiting this afternoon and the kids have been keeping busy playing dress up and playing out in the snow. Now they are drinking cocoa and making felt animals. :) We love cousin time! 
Oh! And these pics remind me to mention that Ben lost a tooth yesterday, and is about to lose one more! Boy, he's growing up so fast.
I hope you're enjoying your weekend! Just one week left before Christmas!

1 comment:

Chelsi Ritter said...

I'm totally making a wreath next year with our boxwood branches! Yours looked great Bethany. Such a cute story about Josh; what a great guy :) So glad you and your kiddos got some snow!!