Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Sunriver

We were so excited to spend a week in Sunriver again this summer! It's such a pretty place. And this year we had the joy of being there at the same time as a bunch of school friends/families. We all spent the first week of school there and it was a great way to transition out of summer and into school! ;) It was so fun to swim with friends at the pool and pass friends on the bike paths. One night, at our friend's vacation home, we had a game night for the adults upstairs while the kids watched a movie and played hide-n-seek downstairs. It was such a fun time and it always goes by too quickly! We're already looking forward to returning next year for a family reunion!!

Boy do I love this family of mine!! Every minute together is a gift.
Josh getting a little bit of work done. :) xo
Selah became a great swimmer this week! She was swimming without her vest by the end and was able to swim under water and on her back. So proud of her! Jude finally got brave enough to go underwater and I'm confident he and Ben will be swimming just fine next summer. (Swimming has been such a pain for our family! Jude had soooo many sensory issues when trying several rounds of swim lessons that I finally gave up. Every lesson was an emotional drain on me. Thankfully Sheri taught swim lessons when she was in college, so she has been a great help!)
I sure love this group & I'm so thankful for them and to be able to do school-life together! What fun we had that night!
Bike riding as a family is one of our favorite things to do. This day we biked for 3 hours straight! Then we went back to the house, changed clothes and headed straight for the pool. :)
The kids are so good at spotting things while biking. They saw this large caterpillar crossing the bike path and moved it safely to a tree. ;)
This is one of those things that I just love about Josh. He takes time for the kids, even when we're in the middle of a bike ride and they have a tiny sliver that won't come out. He's a great dad. :)
Ben was still struggling to put weight on his broken leg that week. The doctor said it would take a couple weeks before he was walking normally again. He's getting braver each day!
Back to the pool! Selah was finally tall enough to go down the slide!
The weather was cold in the mornings and hot in the afternoon. This day I dressed us for the cold morning but only a short distance into our bike ride we were all sweating!! So we stopped at the park, and then went back home to change. :)
Many nights were ended with sundaes, popcorn and a movie.
Selah loved feeding these chipmunks sunflower seeds.
Throughout the week I read the second half of this book to get me all ready to start our school year (which we started this week)! It's amazing how terrified I was when I started our homeschooling journey years ago. It was definitely not something I had ever planned to do. And living "outside of the box" was a bit anxiety producing for me. ;) But now entering year four I feel a lot more confident, and I can rest in the fact that I have a well laid plan for the school year, and I'm more at peace with doing school differently than I ever imagined. I'm also really thankful for the school support we have for Jude. Things that we started very slowly at years ago (writing, due to fine motor skills struggles) we're finally picking up speed on and catching up thanks to therapies. And things like math thankfully come easily to my kids. I feel like we may even find time to squeeze in a sport this year with only having therapy two days a week! Maybe. All in good time! ;)
Here's to the end of a wonderful summer and the beginning of a great school year! 
Thank you Lord for all of your good gifts!! xoxo

No comments: